Saturday, July 24, 2010

Up Next......

Last night started the next chapter in our lives. I left work at CLEAR for the last time. As I pulled away I sobbed and poured out my heart to God. I KNOW that his plan for us is far beyond what we could ask or even imagine. But sometimes I wish that the “lamp unto my feet” was more of a flood light.

Mark and I busily finished packing for our next adventure. A mission trip with our church to Toledo, Ohio.

Saturday morning, at 4 a.m., we packed up our borrowed church van and hit the road.

We were all delirious from adrenaline and anxious to see how God would move. It was a bittersweet time for Mark and I. We got some precious moments with our mentors and friends, Andy and Heidi DeGuire.

We also got to see a side of their children that we’ve not been privy to up to this point.

We drove, and ate, and drove, and ate.


We arrived in Cincinnati at about 8 p.m. and were warmly greeted by the leaders of ministry at the BCM house at the University of Cincinnati.


We were grateful for ANYWHERE to brush our teeth and lay our heads.

No comments:

Post a Comment